This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive than its predecessor the Data Protection Act, along with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), seek to protect and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU and its storage within the EEA.
BIM, Design & Modelling Limited, based at Cricketts Farm, Borough Green Road, Ightham, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN15 9JB, which hereafter for the purposes of this Privacy Notice will be referred to as BIM-DM, is pleased to provide the following information:
1 - Personal Data
- →For the purposes of providing services, BIM-DM may require contact and property information. We will only collect what is relevant and necessary for the provision of our services to you. In communications we will make notes which may include details concerning your property, company (if applicable), contact details and other details to facilitate serving you. This data is always held securely, is not shared with anyone not involved in your services, although for data storage purposes it may be handled by pre-vetted staff. To be able to process your personal data it is a condition of the provision of any service that you give your explicit consent to allow BIM-DM to document and process your data. Contact details provided by you such as telephone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses may be used to contact you about the service provided and provide reports or other information concerning your services.
- →For marketing purposes, BIM-DM may also use the contact details provided by you to respond to your enquiries, including making telephone contact and emailing information to you which BIM-DM believes may be of interest to you.
- →In making initial contact with BIM-DM you consent to BIM-DM maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any time) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. BIM-DM do not broker your data or provide it to anyone else, unless under legal obligation to do so, and you can ask to be removed from our marketing database by emailing or phoning BIM-DM using the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
- →Some basic personal data may be collected about you from completing website contact forms and other communications with you, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to, personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
- →BIM-DM will only collect the information needed so that we can provide you with the services you require, the business does not sell or broker your data.
2 - Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet our contractual obligations obtained from explicit consent to provide you with services and legitimate interest to respond to enquiries concerning the services provided.
3 – Consent
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to BIM-DM processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
4 – Disclosure
BIM-DM will keep your personal information safe and secure. Staff engaged in providing your services and our administration team will have access to your contact details so that they can make appointments and manage your account. BIM-DM will not disclose your Personal Information unless compelled to, in order to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests. BIM-DM may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of its staff.
5 - Retention Policy
BIM-DM will process personal data during the duration of any services and will continue to store only your data until you inform us not to do so.
6 - Data storage
All Data is held in the United Kingdom. BIM-DM does not store personal data outside the EEA. However, due to the nature of the internet, your data may pass through servers outside the EEA whilst being communicated electronically.
7 - Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst BIM-DM are in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- →Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- →Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- →Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- →Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- →Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- →Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- →Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that BIM-DM refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge. At your request BIM-DM can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
8 - You can request the following information:
- →Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (BIM-DM) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- →Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- →The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- →If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of BIM-DM and information about these interests.
- →The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- →Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- →How long the data will be stored.
- →Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
- →Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- →How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- →Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- →The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- →Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
9 - To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
BIM-DM will accept the following forms of identification (ID) when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If BIM-DM is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 0208 858 9124 or writing to us at the address further below.
10 - Complaints
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by BIM-DM you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Mr Howard Passingham
Telephone 0208 858 9124 or email: email@example.com
Postal Address: Cricketts Farm, Borough Green Road, Ightham, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN15 9JB
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone +44 (0) 303 123 1113 or visit https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/